From Romania to international cities
Bucharest - Sofia
You'll need to take two trains to travel to Sofia.
- Take the Intercity train from Bucuresti Nord Gara A to Ruse in Bulgaria. (2h45)
- Take the Intercity train from Ruse to Sofia. (6h)
Cluj-Napoca - Budapest
In order to travel to Sofia, you'll need to take three trains.
- Cluj-Napoca to Biharkeresztes (3h20) Romaninan Railways (CFR)
- Biharkeresztes to Püspökladany (59 min) Hungarian Railways (MÁV)
- Püspökladany to Budapest-Nyugati (2h06) Hungarian Railways (MÁV)
Timisoara - Zagreb
To visit Zagreb you will have to take 3 trains.
- Timisoara Nord - Budapest-Keleti (5h17) IC train
- Keleti pályaudvar (6 mins away by foot from the Budapest station) - Kelenföld
vasútállomás (13 min) with the local metro
- Kelenföld station - Zagreb Glavni Kolod. (5h22) Deutsche Bahn
Traveling to Romania
Romania has the 4th largest rail network in Europe. The railway is the most used transports, you can thus travel to all the cities you want by train. The national railway company is Căile Ferate Române (CFR). Seat reservations are required for InterRegio trains (IR), Intercity trains (IC) and night trains.
Some nice places to visit:
- Cluj-Napoca for history lovers, 10 hours by train from Bucharest
- Mamaia for beach passionates, 2 hours by train from Bucharest
- Timisoara for tower lovers, 13 hours by train from Bucharest
- Sinaia for mountain hikers, 1 hour by train from Bucharest
- Sibiu for vampires passionates, 5 hours by train from Bucharest
- Sighisoara for fortress lovers, 5 hours by train from Bucharest
Taking the train from Cluj to go visit Suceava is the best way to meet the Romanian Students and see the way of life, habits and tradition of Romanian citizens. Don't hesitate to spread the word about DiscoverEU ! You'll find more information here.